I started consistently creating content online again at the end of December 2016. I say again because I’m like everyone else and I have tried to consistently have an “intentional online presence” previously and failed.
I’m about 4 full months into the experiment and I think things have been shaping up fairly well. As I view this as an experiment with no solid rules, things are always going to change – and that’s about to happen again.
So I figure now is as good a time as any to look at where I’ve been, and where things are going to go next.
Where I started
Let’s look at some useless metrics. Previously to starting this site, I had:
- Zero views
- Zero posts
- Zero subscribers
- Zero products
- ~310 Twitter followers
Almost 4 months later, I’m now at:
- 4,000+ views
- 68 posts
- 34 email subscribers
- 2 products
- 556 Twitter followers
Not mindblowing, but not too shabby – right?
When I first started in December, the goal was to blog once-per-day five days a week. I then cut it down to three times a week as I took on more commitments.I’ve been sitting at 3 posts a week for quite a while, and in that time have held down being a husband, employee, creating 3 products (one is currently unreleased), and I joined a game making club.
I’ve been sitting at 3 posts a week for quite a while, and in that time have held down being a husband, employee, creating 3 products (one is currently unreleased), and I joined a game making club.
In addition to all of that, I recently made an agreement to take on a client to help them with audio programming.
Can you tell I’m a little stretched? But simultaneously, it’s all pretty exciting.
Where I’m going
I have a lot to celebrate. Taking on a client is a super big deal for me, as that wasn’t even a possibility 4 months ago. But putting in effort has allowed me to join forces in the future with some really awesome people – and I want to take care of them well!
But that doesn’t mean I’m halting things here. Instead, I’ll be experimenting with new ideas, such as:
- I’m partnering with @mattesque to do short YouTube talks. I want to improve at speaking, and Matt thought it would be fun to be a special guest ranter. It started as kind of a joke, and now it’s going to become a real and regular piece of content.
- My Introduction to Reascript series has been turned into an ebook that I’ll be calling Begin Audio Scripting in Reaper with Lua and Reascript. It has gone through multiple rounds of edits and updates and will be available for you to download shortly.
- I will be working on larger coding projects, such as learning and using the Wwise API. Those experiments will be documented here.
- In as much as I can share it while not breaking my NDA – I will be sharing what I learn via the new client work.
- Content on the site will probably go to 2 posts a week – one blog, one video. Or two blogs.
I’m super excited for the possibilities in the future. It means simplifying and streamlining, making more time for the things that are seriously important.
I hope to have more interesting things to share soon, thanks as always for your time and attention!
Copyright 2016-2017, Adam T. Croft, all rights reserved.